What is business leadership and what are the best ways to do it?
Different people might define the ability to “lead” an organization. Some may argue that a leader must also be an excellent manager in order to be successful. Others argue that leadership and management are two different things. They can be interconnected, but they are not synonymous. Seth Godin believes leaders should take responsibility and managers should have authority. Both are important in Brandon Long Marketing but should not be confused.
It doesn’t matter if leaders or managers are one and the same, success requires strong leadership. Many businesses that lack this leadership and dedication fail. You can’t be the CEO or owner without these qualities.
Business leadership is a combination if exceptional individual traits and a strong positive outlook for the near future. These are the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs:
1. Purpose-Driven is being driven to achieve your goals and able to stay focused on the end result.
2. Positive attitudes are key to success as a business leader!
3. Respectful – You should treat everyone with the same respect, whether it’s the mailman or the CEO for a potential client. You never know when you will meet again and how respectful they might be. This mail man could be the one that helps you land your next client.
4. Encouragement – This means that you can encourage your team (or you!) They must be able to do their best in every situation. Even when things look bad, it is important to continue to push forward.
5. Communicative – It’s essential for business success to be able communicate well. It’s hard to find a business that is able to communicate effectively with clients and employees. It’s also important to be approachable and easy to communicate with by your business owners.
These attributes are essential for launching and managing a successful company. But, it’s equally important to be able make difficult decisions when necessary, to have passion for what you do, and to desire to succeed.